Sunday, June 14, 2009

More Beautiful Bryce

These were all taken on the Navajo Loop Trail at Sunset Point. This is short trail, 1.3 miles, but it is listed as strenuous. You can see that the bottom is a lonnnnng way down and, you guessed it, a lonnnnng way back up.


Going down.

This area is called Wall Street where the walls close in. Kind of like the real Wall Street at times.

Towering Douglas fir trees reach for the light above.


On the floor of the canyon I felt like I was all alone in the world. My husband, who takes lots more pictures and spends much more time along the way, was out of sight behind me and there wasn’t another soul or creature in sight. Until...


On the (huff and puff) way back up, I took every opportunity to stop and take photos. Here is a trail maintenance crew getting their marching orders. They must be in great shape at the end of the season.

Thor’s Hammer from the upbound trail. Puff puff puff puff

And a view back down the trail… puff puff puff puff. Such a wondrous hike, but I wasn’t ready to do it all over again.

3 comments:

myra said...

Those are the most breathtaking photos. I'd love to get there one day for a hike.

Toni said...

Do you slide down that trail on your butt? Because it looks pretty dang steep! The shot of the tree, fourth photo, was posted by someone else a few days ago - different photo, obviously, but same shot. I like yours, with the person in the frame - it gives a sense of scale, which the other one lacked. Looks like an amazing place.

Diane Schuller said...

wow, what spectacular images! Bryce is so beautiful and I find it more interesting than the Grand Canyon -- it's certainly more colourful. Thanks for sharing these beauties.