Monday, June 01, 2009

Uneventful Mother's Day Travel

Unlike my Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad, No Good Birthdy this trip was just like we like it; UNEVENTFUL.



We drove from Flagstaff, AZ to an RV park just outside of Bryce Canyon. This was all new territory for us as we had never driven all the way up Highway 89. We found it to be a good highway with lots of interesting sights. The first part of the trip took us through the Navajo Nation where we saw many contemporary hogans.

We caught a glimpse of Lake Powell as well as the Glen Canyon Dam that is very impressive. This hydroelectric plant produces 1320 megawatts of power and is over 500 feet from the crest of the dam to the bottom. No wonder it looked so big as I viewed it out the window of the motorhome!



The many beautiful rock formations begged for our exploration, and we definitely plan to do that sometime when we have the time.





2 comments:

Toni said...

Wonderful shots, Judy! Looks like some spectacular scenery. Thanks for your comment and visit! Yes, I've been admiring Sara - she's a beauty. I'm not sure if I've met Mac, but would you be willing to trade? =P Just kidding, I do love my little trouble maker.

Teri said...

That country is so cool. I wish I had more time to spend in it.